When you are making calls, you are going to run into a wide variety of gatekeepers and prospects and some are going to be easy to deal with and others are going to be tougher than a two-dollar steak. The easy ones and the difficult ones are sometimes not as hard on you emotionally as the ones that are disrespectful, rude that might even hang up on you.
- These are the situations that can really make you recoil and stop making calls which limits your ability to hit your goals
- I had to figure out a way to put this type of rejection into its proper perspective because when I looked at the phone after an unpleasant interaction like that it looked like it weighed 50 pounds and I needed to be a 300-pound silverback gorilla on steroids to pick it up
- So, I created a moniker for these types of people that I felt were impolite and it was “Dirty Shirt McNasty”. Whenever I encountered one, I said to myself well there is another “Dirty Shirt McNasty”.
- Then I had to come up with a way to put out an umbrella over my head and let the unjust treatment from “Dirty Shirt McNasty” roll off the top of the umbrella down my back without affecting me emotionally
- That is how “Some Will, Some Won’t, So What! Next!” came into effect. Whenever I encountered “Dirty Shirt McNasty” I would tell myself Steve “Some Will, Some Won’t, So What! Next!” dial another number.
- The reason why you say dial another number after you say “Some Will, Some Won’t, So What! Next!” is that anything can happen. You just have to keep moving. You never know what is going to happen on the next call
- The average “no” isn’t that big of a deal but an interaction with “Dirty Shirt McNasty” can bring a call blitz to a halt. So. whenever your making calls and you encounter “Dirty Shirt McNasty” Tell yourself “Some Will, Some Won’t, So What! Next!” dial another number.