Professional sports teams have unique challenges which impact their ability to sell tickets which can range from team performance – or lack thereof – to changes in ownership, coaching staff, or players.
- The Los Angeles Dodgers are in competition for entertainment budgets in the Los Angeles market with the advent of two NBA franchises and two new NFL franchises that moved to Los Angeles.
- Attendance numbers are so high that it’s difficult to improve on that number year over year.
Goal: Sell four million tickets.
- Gathered best practices of highest-performing inside ticket sales executives
- Program built around those best practices
Conducted instructor led training in 2016 and 2017 for the newly hired inside sales team through a customized program called The Dodger Way that was designed to…
- Improve selling skills
- Sell more season tickets
- Sell more group events
- Increase season ticket holder renewal rate
- Sell more plans
Increased ticket sales over two years by 5%, culminating in overall attendance in 2019 of 3,974,309, the highest yearly attendance in the history of the Dodgers.